The International Conference on Energy and Cities (ICEC) is the second in series of academic forums promoted by the International Low Carbon City, Neighbourhood, Building Academic Alliance (IAA-LCCNB). The Conference address energy and cities with special emphasis on renewable energy and low carbon approaches within, and beyond, city boundaries. The Conference also covers technical and policy solutions needed to achieve energy efficiency, reduced consumption, and thermal comfort.
Recognising the broad ranging challenges, ICEC provides a platform where those at the forefront of scientific / technology development in relevant sector could meet, interact, present their latest knowledge and debate new ideas and issues pertinent to energy and urban development. It thus provides attendees with a perfect forum for knowledge transfer and debate at the cutting edge of renewable energy technology, public policy development, energy management, energy efficiency, and improvement of social wellbeing.
Themes and Topics of Interest
1. Energy and Buildings: Micro-generation (solar, wind, geothermal, bio-fuel, etc); Smart, green and responsive buildings; Energy efficiency in buildings; Building energy technologies and systems; Heating and cooling systems; Energy demand and use optimisation
2. Evolving Cities: Smart cities & communities; Sustainable and resilient cities; Sustainable urban systems & infrastructure; Life cycle assessment; Ecology, ecosystem and biodiversity; Energy storage & ICT (battery, fuel cell, etc.)
3. Energy and Policies: Regulations and codes for buildings; Feed-in tariff; Energy capacity building; Energy and carbon saving incentive; Energy awareness, acceptance and take-up; International cooperation
Chair and Committee
Conference Chair: Professor AbuBakr S. Bahaj, University of Southampton
Co-chair / Chair of Alliance: Professor Jiaping Liu, Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology
A full list of members of scientific and technical committees can be found: here.
Authors’ Guidance: https://energyandcities.org/authorguidance/
Submission Site: https://energyandcities.org/icec/submission/
- Abstract submission due: 31 December 2018
- Author notification: 25-28 February 2019
- Early bird registration: 28 February 2019
- Final copies of presentation: 28 June 2019